GROW YOUR OWN DMT:
The plant we will be dealing with is called Phalaris aruninacea. This plant is easy to obtain, looks almost identical to common lawn grass, has some of the highest concentrations of DMT, and is beyond easy to grow.
Phalaris arundinacea is available from many mail-order companies. Here's one to get you started. Don't contact this company inquiring about drugs, etc. This is a legitimate business.
TAC Ethnobotanical Database
Some familiarity with basic chemistry is essential. What follows is information written, I hope, in language any non-chemist can understand. A good place to start is with the concept of pH.
pH is a numerical value assigned to the relative acidity or alkalinity of a substance, expressed on a scale of 0 to 14. A substance with a low pH is extremely acidic--like the stuff found in automobile batteries; material with a high pH is extremely basic or alkaline--like ammonia or lye, for example. (For our purposes, the terms "basic" and "alkaline" are synonymous.) It follows then, that a pH of 7 would be neutral--neither acidic nor alkaline. The standard for pH neutrality is pure water.
All the possible degrees of acidity or alkalinity are found in the range between zero and fourteen on the pH scale. This is crucial for us to know, since it is a fact of nature that to make alkaloids soluble in water we must first make them acidic. Conversely, for them to be soluble in an organic solvent, such as ether, we must make them basic or alkaline. Most of the psychoactive substances we are interested in extracting are called "alkaloids," compounds numerically above 7 in pH. Webster's Third New International Dictionary defines the word for us:
Alkaloid: any of a very large group of organic bases containing nitrogen and usually oxygen that occur especially in seed plants for the most part in the form of salts with acids..., most of the bases being colorless and well crystallized, bitter tasting, complex in structure with at least one nitrogen atom in a ring..., and optically and biologically active, many of the bases or their salts being used as drugs (as morphine and codeine).
Three other terms you need to understand:
Acid: a compound (as hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, or benzoic acid) capable of reacting with a base to form a salt. Salt: any of a class of compounds typified by common salt... that may be formed by the reaction of acids with bases. Base: a compound (as lime, ammonia, a caustic alkali, or an alkaloid) capable of reacting with an acid to form a salt either with or without the elimination of water.
The object of chemical extraction is to separate the psychoactive alkaloids from the plant material. This is done by first simmering the crushed plant in an acidified water bath, which converts the alkaloids into their salt form. After filtration, the plant pulp may be discarded. To extract the alkaloids from the water, the remaining liquid is made basic and an organic solvent is added. The alkaloids will migrate into this solvent, which can then be drawn off and poured into a shallow dish.
The solvent will quickly evaporate, leaving behind the alkaloids in pure crystalline form (you should be so lucky!), or more commonly, as a relatively impure gummy compound.
1. If we wish to extract the alkaloids present in Phalaris arundinaceous, for example, we would first pulverize the grass clippings as much as possible. One technique that helps to rupture the cellular structure of any plant material is to put it in the freezer overnight, remove it the next day, thaw it, put it in the freezer again, then remove and thaw it again. After two or three such cycles it will usually be pretty mushy and easily minced in a blender. In the case of Phalaris grass, which is limber and difficult to pulverize, it should be placed in the blender while still frozen stiff, so that the blender blades can more easily chop it up.
2. To the resulting mash we add enough water to make a pourable soup.
3. Next we add an acid - not too much (later on we'll turn the solution basic, so there's no advantage in taking the pH level too low) - but just enough to bring the pH down to about There are many kinds of easily obtainable acids. White vinegar, lemon juice, or the acid used by photographers for their stop bath solutions are all forms of acetic acid. The latter can be purchased at any photography store, though it is far more expensive than the distilled white vinegar sold in supermarkets. The more potent sulfuric and hydrochloric acids are extremely corrosive liquids, and should be either avoided or handled with great care.
The pH is checked with a special pH paper usually available in drug stores. It turns various colors depending upon the pH of the substance it is dipped in. This color is then matched to a reference chart on the container to determine the exact numerical pH value of the substance being tested. The acid reacts with the alkaloids in the plant material and converts them into a salt. A good way to facilitate this reaction is to simmer the acidified soup in a slow cooker overnight; leave the lid on, as we don't want any liquid to evaporate. It may take two or three such operations to get all of the alkaloids into solution.
4. Next, we strain the plant matter first through cheesecloth, then through a paper coffee filter. The bulk roughage may now be discarded because the alkaloids we seek have migrated into the aqueous solution.
5. At this point, we add a small percentage (10 or 15%) of a defatting solvent such as methylene chloride, ether, chloroform, or naphtha. Naphtha is easily available in the form of Coleman fuel or lighter fluid. The objective here is to remove oils and fats which are also in the solution - they will migrate into the solvent. Shake up the mixture and put it aside long enough to separate into two layers, one aqueous, the other solvent. If you've ever made vinegar and oil salad dressing, you've already observed the principle involved.
6. While not absolutely essential, a separator funnel is very useful for this operation. This is a simple laboratory apparatus consisting of a tapered glass or plastic container with a tap at the bottom and a stoppered opening at the top. The two liquids are poured in the top (the bottom faucet is closed, of course); the container is corked and shaken vigorously to mix its contents. It is then set aside until the fluids separate into two distinct layers. After shaking and separating a few more times, the tap is opened to allow the lower stratum to drain into a container. Just before the descending upper fraction reaches the faucet, it is closed off. One has now re-separated the two original liquids, but they have been mixed for a while, and the substances we seek to exclude (in this case, the fats and oils) have migrated to the solvent layer. Depending on the solvent, this may be above or below the aqueous stratum - ether will go to the top, for example, while methylene chloride sinks to the bottom.
If you do not have a separator funnel, the fractions can also be divided by carefully siphoning off either layer [try a turkey baster]. In this instance, we now discard the solvent (along with the unwanted oils and fats) and turn our attention to the remaining aqueous solution which contains the alkaloids
7. The next step is to add a base to our solution. One often used in extraction formulas is ammonium hydroxide, a liquid. If this is unobtainable you can substitute regular household lye crystals (sold as drain cleaner) dissolved in water to a high concentration. (Lye is a dangerous chemical. Read and follow all of the instructions on the can.) This fluid is added in small increments to the aqueous solution, shaking the mixture each time, then testing it until eventually the pH reaches 9 or 10. Be patient. It usually takes many careful applications before the pH is where you want it. If you're in too much of a hurry, it is easy to make the solution far more alkaline than necessary.
Chemically, adding a base to the solution has the effect of "unhooking" the salt and transforming the alkaloids into their "free base" form. They are now no longer a salt, and hence no longer soluble in water, thus making them accessible to extraction by one of the organic solvents mentioned above. Most of these chemicals are not particularly easy to obtain, but ether is readily available in cans of engine starting fluid, sold in auto supply stores. (To get liquid ether out of an aerosol starting fluid can, spray it down a ten or twelve-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe into a jar; the ether condenses on the sides of the pipe and drips into the jar, while the inert propellant dissipates into the atmosphere. Obviously, you don't do this in an enclosed area or anywhere near flame or sparks.) Immediately put a lid on the jar to prevent undue evaporation of the liquid ether.
8. A ratio of 10 percent of the aqueous solution should be enough solvent for each extraction. The easiest way to estimate this is to visualize where the 10% line is on your container of aqueous solution, then add that amount of solvent to the whole, increasing the volume to 110%. (A super accurate measurement is not necessary.) The container (if you don't have a separator funnel, a large Mason jar works well) must be kept tightly closed so that the solvent won't evaporate from the solution.
9. Four extractions are made to ensure that all of the alkaloids are removed. These are done at one 24-hour, and then at three weekly intervals. The solvent layer will soon take on a darker tint, usually yellowish or reddish-brown. This indicates the presence of alkaloids as they slowly move out of the aqueous solution. It will take almost a month to get most of them, and the mixture should be shaken at least twice a day to ensure that all of the alkaloid molecules come into contact with the solvent. At each weekly extraction carefully separate this from the aqueous solution by either of the methods mentioned above. Save these solvent fractions and combine them in one container. Each time add fresh solvent to the aqueous solution until the extraction series is complete.
10. The last step is to pour the combined solvent fractions into a shallow baking dish or pan and allow it all to evaporate in an open space free from flame or sparks. The residue remaining after evaporation contains the alkaloids, and may be put into gelatin capsules. If it is unduly gummy, one may add small amounts of ordinary flour to the gum until it thickens enough to handle easily.
It is important to remember that all of the plant alkaloids will be removed, not just the psychoactive ones we are looking for. These may include some toxic compounds, and one should always have a good idea of what a plant contains and in what percentages before ingesting any extraction taken from it. Arundo donax for example, while containing DMT, also contains several other alkaloids which caused an allergic reaction in me when I ingested its extract. These unwanted compounds can be removed, but the process requires more knowledge of chemistry than I've learned to date.
Remember to not smoke more than 25 mg your first time. You can gradually raise the dose over time as you become more experienced. -Ted
Ways to do DMT: oral (with an MAOI), insufflated, rectal, vaporized, IM, IV.
A standard dose for vaporized DMT is 15–60 mg. In general, this is inhaled in a few successive breaths. The effects last for a short period of time, usually 5 to 15 minutes, dependent on the dose. The onset after inhalation is very fast (less than 45 seconds) and peak effects are reached within a minute. In the 1960s, DMT was known as a "businessman's trip" in the US because of the relatively short duration (and rapid onset) of action when inhaled.
There are two manners in which DMT is commonly smoked, and each has its partisans. Some will inhale a full dose of DMT in a single, long "toke"--this will result in the maximum "rush," that is, in the strongest, most rapid entheogenic effect. Aficionados will inhale one or two such lungs full in rapid succession, which leads to the maximum visionary effects of the drug. Others prefer to inhale small amounts of DMT smoke repeatedly, resulting in a "rollercoaster" effect of changing "altitude." The disadvantage of this latter method is the rapid tolerance elicited by DMT. This is a wasteful technique, and one is unlikely to experience the maximum entheogenic effects of the drug this way. The former procedure is the more economical and takes maximum advantage of the drug's effect, but has the disadvantage of difficulty--the smoke is harsh and it is not so easy to take in and hold the 20-40 mg dose needed to experience entheogenic effects of DMT. The former way of smoking DMT has been recommended in two different popular publications on DMT (Bigwood & Ott 1977; Stafford 1983).
As is the case with any entheogenic substance, and particularly with the short acting tryptamines which rocket the user immediately from everyday consciousness to the peak entheogenic state, set and setting is of crucial importance. DMT should not be used casually, like a sort of marijuana. One should not drive or operate machinery under the influence of DMT or other short-acting tryptamine entheogen.
The psychological state of the user is crucial. DMT should never be used if one is tense, anxious, worried, tired, etc. Most users prefer to commence the experience sitting down or reclining (the alternative might be falling down!). The setting should be sheltered and peaceful, free of noise and intrusions. The consequences of failure to observe these rules are vividly described by psychologist J. Houston, who used DMT in a cluttered, filthy environment, in a state of mental and physical exhaustion (Masters & Houston 1966).
There are two common ways of smoking DMT:
1.) the crystals alone in a glass pipe; or
2.) combined with some plant material in a conventional pipe or "joint." In the former case, a single dose of crystals is placed in the bottom of the glass bowl, and the underside of the bowl is heated carefully until the crystals melt. As soon as they begin to fume, the user inhales slowly and steadily, keeping the flame below the bowl and continuing the inhalation until all the material has vaporized, leaving only a dark-brown crystalline residue. Inhalation before the crystals melt can result in wasteful aspiration of some of the material without effect (Bigwood & Ott 1977; Gracie & Zarkov 1 985a), while wasting lung capacity needed for the DMT smoke.
A regular pipe with screen is sometimes employed, the user placing a small quantity of dried herb (preferably non-psychoactive) onto the screen, with the DMT crystals carefully sprinkled above the plant material. In this case, the flame is applied to the top of the pipe, attempting to combust the herb and vaporize the DMT simultaneously. Only enough herb to serve as carrier for the DMT is used--no more than can be inhaled in a single "toke" along with the DMT (Bigwood & Ott 1977).
Another method occasionally employed for smoking DMT is to dissolve the DMT in a suitable solvent (such as absolute ethanol) and infuse some dried herbal material with the solution, later evaporating the solvent prior to smoking in pipes or joints 'Parsley infused with DMT has sometimes been sold on the illicit market, and PCP-laced parsley (PCP=phencyclidine, Sernyl) has been misrepresented as DMT as well (Bigwood & Ott 1977).
The DMT free base is in this case dissolved in ethanol, about 20 ml ethanol to a gram of DMT is typical, shaking or stirring until all the material dissolves. This DMT solution is then decanted into a small, clean glass dish, such as a petri dish. Typically, one gram of DMT in 20 ml ethanol, is added to 9 grams of dried herb, to attain a product that is 10% DMT by weight after evaporation of the ethanol. Often commercially-available "herbal smoking mixtures" (containing herbs like mint, catnip, parsley, damiana, etc.) are employed, as these may be quite flavorful and may help disguise the unpleasant taste of DMT.
The herb is usually first sifted rather fine, and sprinkled into the DMT solution, then stirred until the plant material soaks up all the DMT solution. The wet herb is then spread out to allow the solvent to evaporate at room temperature, or with gentle heating. The herb is ready for use when the solvent has evaporated and only the sticky herbal material remains, with no scent of alcohol.
Every hundred milligrams of herb prepared this way is equivalent to 10 mg of DMT, and this method has the advantage of enabling accurate weighing of DMT doses with an OHAUS 2610 triple-beam balance or equivalent, rather than a much more expensive analytical balance with 1 mg sensitivity.
A 300 mg dose of DMT-laced herb contains a good 30 mg dose of the drug, and can be smoked as is in a normal pipe. Some make joints of DMT-laced herb, and the contents may be weighed out. A one-gram joint containing 100 mg DMT is typical.
This treatment is ideal for the second method of DMT use repeated small inhalations, though it is uneconomical. As much as half the DMT may be wasted in "sidestream" smoke.
DMT is usually smoked by one person at a time. After apportioning a single dose of DMT (whether pure or with herbal matter), this is smoked by the first user in a group. The person in charge of loading the pipe is generally the last to smoke, for the effects are often incapacitating. Casual passing of the pipe, as in Cannabis smoking rituals, is unsuitable-the doses will not be uniform, and by the time the pipe comes around for the second round, some tolerance to the effects will have developed (Bigwood & Ott 1977).
Many users like to have a refreshing beverage at hand to cool throats burned by the harsh DMT smoke.
Injected DMT produces an experience that is similar to inhalation in duration, intensity, and characteristics.
Most interesting results are that high doses of DMT seem to allow the consciousness to enter into non-corporeal, free-standing, independent realms of existence inhabited by beings of light who oftentimes are expecting you, and with whom you may interact.
DMT has been consumed throughout history and into prehistory by indigenous peoples, especially in South America, where it is consumed during shamanic rituals and called ayhuasca.
DMT is broken down by the enzyme monoamine oxidase through a process called deamination, and is quickly inactivated orally unless combined with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). The traditional South American beverage ayahuasca, or yage, is derived by boiling the ayahuasca vine (Banisteriopsis caapi) with leaves of one or more plants containing DMT, such as Psychotria viridis, Psychotria carthagenensis, or Diplopterys cabrerana. The Ayahuasca vine contains harmala alkaloids, highly active reversible inihibitors of monoamine oxidase A (RIMAs), rendering the DMT orally active by protecting it from deamination. A variety of different recipes are used to make the brew depending on the purpose of the ayahuasca session, or local availability of ingredients. Two common sources of DMT in the western US are reed canary grass (Phalaris arundinacea) and Harding grass (Phalaris aquatica). These invasive grasses contain low levels of DMT and other alkaloids. In addition, Jurema (Mimosa tenuiflora) shows evidence of DMT content: the pink layer in the inner rootbark of this small tree contains a high concentration of N,N-DMT.
Taken orally with an RIMA, DMT produces a long lasting (over 3 hour), slow, deep metaphysical experience similar to that of psilocybin mushrooms, but more intense. RIMAs should be used with caution as they can have lethal complications with some prescription drugs such as SSRI antidepressants, and some over-the-counter drugs.
Induced DMT experiences can include profound time-dilation, visual and auditory illusions, and other experiences that, by most firsthand accounts, defy verbal or visual description. Some users report intense erotic imagery and sensations and utilize the drug in a ritual sexual context.
Should We Trust Police Officers?
Are police officers allowed to lie to you? Yes the Supreme Court has ruled that police officers can lie to the American people. Police officers are trained at lying, twisting words and being manipulative. Police officers and other law enforcement agents are very skilled at getting information from people. So don’t try to “out smart” a police officer and don’t try being a “smooth talker” because you will lose! If you can keep your mouth shut, you just might come out ahead more than you expected. Related article: 46,000+ American citizens are currently serving time for crimes that they did not commit
On this page:
DMT (How to do it)
How to make it
Related: (click link)
(How to) Beat Any Drug test for Free
The psychedelic trip it creates only lasts 5 to 30 minutes when smoked, the effect is profound and remarkable, with the feeling that the user is transported to a completely different place, immersed in kaleidoscopic sounds and images. In its pure form, the drug is a white to yellow crystalline solid.
DMT is a powerful hallucinogen, meant to be carefully administered in a calm environment to someone who has prior experience with other psychedelic drugs. The drug is relatively rare due to the lack of commercial demand and the scarcity of people with the knowledge and motivation to isolate it from plants.
The peak effect occurs within two to three minutes, during which most users are stunned and speechless. Arabesque or geometric colored patterns seen with eyes opened or closed, similar to those experienced with LSD, mescaline or psilocybin are commonly reported effects of DMT. T. McKenna has vividly described presumed contact with intelligent "machine elves reported by some DMT users (McKenna 1991).
Paranoia and panic reactions are probably more frequent following DMT administration than with other entheogenic drugs--a consequence, doubtless, of the extreme rapidity with which the user is torn out of his everyday consciousness and thrust into a swirling, screaming, visionary state. This makes set and setting extremely important. Ten minutes after smoking the user invariably feels a diminution in the effect, and by the time fifteen to twenty-five minutes have elapsed, the effect has dissipated completely (Bigwood& Ott 1977).
Generally there are no after-effects, although mild headache is occasionally reported. Although it has been suggested that the experience may be repeated at four-hour intervals without noticeable tolerance (Brown 1968), smoking no more than once daily will result in optimum results.
N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT or N,N-DMT) is a psychedelic compound of the tryptamine family.
DMT may be measured in blood, plasma or urine using chromatographic techniques as a diagnostic tool in clinical poisoning situations or to aid in the medico legal investigation of suspicious deaths. In general, blood or plasma DMT levels in recreational users of the drug are in the 10–30 μg/L range during the first several hours post-ingestion. Less than 0.1% of an oral dose is eliminated unchanged in the 24-hour urine of humans.
Evidence of DMT consumption by indigenous peoples in South America stretches back to at least 2130 BC. A pipe made from puma bone of that age was tested positive for the substance. Smoking it would give the users visions and feelings that they associated with magical sources, putting them into contact with "spirits" they could consult on matters of plants, disease, etc.
DMT is classified in the United States as a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970.
Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
“A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.”
― Frank Zappa, The Real Frank Zappa Book
“The government are tightening up on ID for sales of tobacco and alcohol so I recommend that young people take more drugs.”
― Robert Clark
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors are a new class of drug. They are antidepressants, powerful nervous system stimulators and act longer than amphetamines. These new drugs are unpredictable and can cause variety of side effects. Death has resulted when mixed with alcohol, other drugs, and even certain foods.
If you have to use a downer to come down, stick with lighter drugs like Valium or Librium. Vitamin B3 helps you avoid a hard crash. Milk or yogurt helps absorb drugs in the body and it is always good to have lots of Vitamin C. Always eat when taking your vitamins-when you use speed, you don't get ANYTHING of value from the drug. It just liberates your stored resources-resources that are used to fight off disease and infections.
EDITORS NOTE: To all police (LE) priest (churches) and hypocrites (snitches): This is my mind and my body, not yours. I will get high and fornicate as much as I want. You should just go back to stuffing your stupid faces with doughnuts and leave the rest of us alone. Why don't you get a real job and stop sucking on the public tit? Try working for a living like the rest of us, you lazy worthless bastards!
Stop the Drug War works for an end to drug prohibition worldwide, and an end to the “drug war” in its current form. We believe that much of the harm commonly attributed to “drugs” is really the result of placing drugs in a criminal environment. We believe the global drug war has fueled violence, civil instability, and public health crises; and that the currently prevalent arrest- and punishment-based policies toward drugs are unjust.
October 22 Coalition - Stop Police Brutality, Repression, and the Criminalization of a Generation!