Forget the NSA, the LAPD spies on millions of innocent folks
Meet the Muslims Suing the Cops for Their Own Surveillance Records
Apple Is Right: The FBI Wants to Break Into Lots of Phones
FBI says it will help local and state law enforcement break into encrypted devices
NYPD spying in Muslim areas - with CIA's help
CIA’s Secret LSD Experiments on America
'Gestapo' tactics at US police 'black site'
Appeals Court Rules Police Can Lie to Suspects
Who's a SNITCH? Check here for pictures and locations..
There's now a website that snitches on SNITCHES
28. Military cuts are causing national security issues. The very idea that military spending has already been deeply cut in service to deficit reduction is not only false, but in the realm of fantasy. The real story: Despite headlines about “slashed” Pentagon spending and “doomsday” plans for more, no actual cuts to the defense budget have yet taken place. In fact, since 2001, to quote former Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, defense spending has grown like a “gusher.” The Department of Defense base budget nearly doubled in the space of a decade. In fiscal 2013, “paring” its budget down to a mere $525 billion.
29. The US has a liberal media. Reality check: the US media is largely owned by 10 corporations who frequently push pro-conservative agendas.
The "Big 10" media conglomerates who control the bulk of the entire US media are: AOL Time Warner, Disney, General Electric, News Corporation, Viacom, Vivendi, Sony, Bertelsmann, AT&T and Liberty Media.
30. The US is the greatest country in the world. Wrong again. USA Ranking on Adult Literacy Scale: #9 USA Ranking on Healthcare Quality Index: #37 USA Ranking of Student Reading Ability: #12 USA Ranking of Student Problem Solving Ability: #26 USA Ranking on Women's Rights Scale: #17 USA Ranking on Life Expectancy: #29 USA Ranking on Journalistic Press Freedom Index: #32 USA Ranking on Political Corruption Index: #17 USA Ranking on Quality of Life Survey: #13 USA Ranking on Infant Mortality Rate: #32
31. The US government loves to help other countries. This is a myth. The US government tends to be motivated by interests, not humanitarian principles.
Denmark gives the most amount of its GDP (1.01%) to developing countries; Norway gives 0.91%; the Netherlands give 0.79% and so on until the end of list, where the USA sits. Yes, America ranks DEAD LAST in foreign aid at a pathetic 0.1% of its GDP, compared to the other 21 nations listed as developed nations. The idea that the US government is a heroic bunch that runs around the world helping the poor and the disempowered is not backed up by the evidence. We have one of the stingiest governments on earth.
Should We Trust Police Officers?
Are police officers allowed to lie to you? Yes the Supreme Court has ruled that police officers can lie to the American people. Police officers are trained at lying, twisting words and being manipulative. Police officers and other law enforcement agents are very skilled at getting information from people. So don’t try to “out smart” a police officer and don’t try being a “smooth talker” because you will lose! If you can keep your mouth shut, you just might come out ahead more than you expected. Related article: 46,000+ American citizens are currently serving time for crimes that they did not commit
20. This is one you hear quite often: That a daddy longlegs has the most powerful venom of any spider, but has no fangs to inject it. First of all, it’s worth pointing out that most people don’t actually realize that there is no real “daddy longlegs”. There are lots of different creatures that go by that name. Some of the most commonly confused ones, such as the Opiliones or the crane fly, aren’t even spiders. These, apart from being insects, don’t even have venom. The pholcid house spider is the spider most commonly referred to as “daddy longlegs” and, while it does have venom, it is considered completely harmless to humans.
21. The notion that "if you didn't see what bit you, it was a spider" is (to me) one of the strangest of the widespread spider superstitions, already well established in 1901 according to a medical article published then. Even some physicians, who really should know better, accept it! I have no idea how this belief originated, but it is quite false. Spiders have no reason to bite humans; they are not bloodsuckers.
22. Someone having a seizure is in danger of swallowing their tongue. They are not; it is impossible to swallow your tongue. Nothing, though, should ever go into a person’s mouth during a seizure as biting down on something at such a time could cause serious dental trauma, contrary to Hollywood depictions of epilepsy. Neither, by the way, does anyone foam at the mouth when having a seizure.
23. Humans were designed to eat meat. Fact: Human anatomy suggests otherwise. We're designed to be able to eat meat occasionally, as a survival mechanism, but our digestive systems are very similar to those of the other plant-eaters and totally unlike those of carnivores. Also, the less meat someone eats, the less their risk of just about every major disease. Finally, people who don't eat meat have better physical performance, whether they're athletes or not. The argument that humans are carnivores because we possess "canine" teeth ignores the facts that other plant-eaters have these same so-called canine teeth, and that only plant-eaters have molar teeth.
24. Vegetarians get little protein. Fact: Plant foods offer abundant protein. Vegetables are around 23% protein on average, beans 28%, grains 13%, and even fruit has 5.5%. For comparison, human breast milk is only 6% (designed for the time in our lives when our protein needs are as high as they'll ever be). Professional recommendations for adults range from 2.5% to 10%, and plant foods supply that easily.
But what about the testosterone? Well, research has found that sex actually causes the body to produce more testosterone. So, if anything, sex actually makes a man more competitive and aggressive. On the other hand, if he goes without sex for a long enough period of time, he will literally have the testosterone levels of a child. So abstinence might be a good strategy if there's a big hide-and-seek tournament coming up, but otherwise the horizontal bump could actually be beneficial in preparation for the big game.
But what about female athletes? Could sex before an athletic event somehow help them, too? As usual, a guy in a lab coat has the answer, and yes, it turns out that sex is a great natural remedy for women with sports injuries or muscle pains. Sexual activity actually stops a certain pain transmitter from ever getting released, presumably because it's too busy taking a shower and smoking a cigarette.
33. Put your money in a bank. That's the safest place, right? Sure, it is safer than stuffing it under your mattress. Or is it? "Savings accounts are the equivalent of modern-day mattress stuffing," says Elle Kaplan, CEO of Lexion Capital Management, a New York City-based asset management firm. "Savings accounts cause you to lose money over time because their low interest rates do not keep pace with inflation."
Cardone says this myth stems from a time when our grandparents or parents were able to put money in a bank account and get a hefty return. This is no longer true.
"Your parents would earn more in one month than you could earn the entire year (in interest)," he says.
Related article: Prohibition KILLS
34. Many people believe that scrimping to save and hoarding money will make them wealthy. Not true, says Steve Siebold, author of "How Rich People Think."
"The real key (to wealth) is earning," Siebold says. Unfortunately, if you are making $50,000 per year, it will be nearly impossible to accumulate large sums of money, even if you save all your extra pennies.
"People need to stop always looking at the expenses portion of their budget. It is usually the shortage of income that gets people into trouble," Cardone says.
35. Penis size. Yes, size does matter, otherwise all dildos would be one size.
25. Animal Testing is Reliable. The drug, Thalidomide, is infamously known for having been tested on countless animals. However, it also has caused birth defects in babies whose mothers had taken it.
According to research done by Dr. John J. Pippin and Dr. Kristie Stoick, “adverse drug reactions are responsible for 2.2 million hospitalizations and 106,000 deaths annually” and that “they concluded that many of these instances could have been eliminated with more human-specific drug testing.”
26. There's little difference between anarchism and terrorism. Not true for Anarchism – from Greek anarchia, no government – is a political teaching about a social order when there is no coercive state power and relationships among people are determined by free agreement.
Anarchism is a political viewpoint, that society needs no government, laws, police or any other coercive power, in which all members of society have to be free.
27. We need police to protect us. This is a lie, many societies like the Amish have lived with no police force and no crime.
The police cannot and do not protect anyone from crime.
Too often, citizens in trouble dial 911 and die.
Statistics confirm the obvious truth that the police in America cannot prevent violent crime. In 1997 for example, nationwide there were 18,209 murders, 497,950 robberies, and 96,122 rapes. All those crimes were unprevented and undeterred by the police and the criminal justice system.
13. Contrary to popular belief, Marie Antoinette did not utter the phrase "let them eat cake". It is believed that Rousseau coined the term, or that it was stated by Maria-Theresa, the wife of Louis XIV.
14. In actual fact, there is no evidence to support that Vikings wore horns on their helmets! This notion only developed after the 1876 production of the Der Ring des Nibelungen opera cycle by Richard Wagner!
15. Stoned driving is as bad as drunk driving. Drunk driving kills 28 people a day in America, according to Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Studies have not found similar results for driving while high, and it’s not even clear that marijuana even increases the number of traffic accidents.
16. Smoking pot is much worse for your lungs than smoking cigarettes. A 2012 study on marijuana’s effects on the lungs came up with this conclusion: “Occasional and low cumulative marijuana use was not associated with adverse effects on pulmonary function.”
17. Marijuana has no medicinal value. The reality is that cannabis is something of a wonder drug. The majority of American medical doctors think marijuana should be legal according to WebMD survey reported in April—and with good reason. It alleviates symptoms related to chemotherapy, AIDS, certain cancers and especially glaucoma. Marijuana’s ability to help people with certain debilitating seizure disorders inspired a number of mostly conservative states to adopt (highly restrictive) medical cannabis laws.
18. Snakes are slimy. Fact: A snake’s skin is actually very smooth and dry. It is made of the same thing that makes human finger nails and hair. It is called keratin.
19. Snakes lie next to a person to size them up. Fact: Even the largest of snakes would have trouble eating a human.
Do yourself a favor. Think for yourself. Be your own person. Question everything. Stand for principle. Champion individual liberty and self-ownership where you can. Develop a strong moral code. Be kind to others. Do no harm, unless that harm is warranted. Pretty obvious stuff...but people who hold to these things in their hearts seem to be disappearing from the earth at an accelerated rate. Stay safe, my friends. Thanks for being here.
32. Sex the Night Before Playing Sports Hinders Performance. When the Pittsburgh Steelers were gearing up to play in the 2006 Super Bowl, how do you think they prepared? By lifting some extra weights? Running some extra drills? Maybe so, but most importantly they were separated from their wives before the big game, because everyone knows that having sex before a game can disrupt your athletic performance. It's been a prevailing theory in professional sports for generations -- it came up in Rocky and Raging Bull, and even the great Muhammad Ali refused to have sex for six weeks before a fight.
First of all, you may be surprised to learn that sex really isn't all that tiring. It turns out that a vigorous game of Shame the Kielbasa (we may be doing sex euphemisms wrong) only burns about as many calories as you'd burn if you walked up a couple flights of stairs. If that's the kind of thing that makes you too tired to compete the next day, you're not a professional athlete; you're a professional Wal-Martscooterer.
35 Facts Are Actually Myths!
By Christopher Rice
1. If you've ever accidentally swallowed your chewing gum, you can breathe a sigh of relief! Contrary to popular belief, it won't take 7 years to digest, and it will digest normally along with your other food.
2. The historical Buddha is in fact not meant to be 'chubby' or laughing! It was a tenth century Chinese folk hero by the name of Budai who had these characteristics.
3. One of the oldest and most common myths about lightening is that it never strikes the same place twice, but all of this is just another lie! For example, lightning strikes the Empire State Building in NY about 100 times per year!
4. Eight glasses of water are actually not needed daily in order to maintain health. The truth is that the amount of hydration varies from person to person, and a lot of the foods we eat daily already carry a high water content. It is important to keep up the H2o though!
5. When a person dies, their hair and fingernails do not continue to grow! The reason this was believed at first was because the skin shrinks away from the bases of nails and the hair, therefore making it seem as though growth has taken place.
6. It has been proven that eating up to an hour before jumping into a pool or the ocean does not actually increase your chances of muscle cramps or drowning! It was purely a myth.
7. Humans and dinosaurs never lived among one another at the same time! It is believed that dinosaurs died 65.5 million years ago, whereas humans evolved between 2.3 and 2.4 million years ago.
8. Contrary to popular belief, humans did not evolve from the chimpanzee! They are in fact the human's closest living relatives though.
9. Although it is a commonly held belief that goldfish only have a memory span of a few seconds, it is in fact much longer than this, spanning up to quite a few months!
10. Although professional matadors use a red cape to enrage their bull, it is not the color red that makes the animal angry, especially since they are color-blind! The bulls will charge regardless of the color due to the threat posed by the matador.
11. While many believe that the Great Wall of China can be seen from Space, the truth is none of the Apollo astronauts reported seeing it from the Moon, OR close to the Earth's surface!
12. The term "sushi" does not actually mean "raw fish", especially since not all sushi contains raw fish! In actual fact, the term translates as "sour rice".